First of all, I LOVE DURHAM 3rd FRIDAYS! I attend EVERY month. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go out on Friday, enjoy the great art, drink wine, explore a new gallery and make new friends! BUT Saturday is what you need to prepare for. Come out to Durham early, park and stay until you feel like going to bed. There is loads of fun to be had for folks of all ages.
- Durham Farmers Market– Durham Central Park- 501 Foster St-10am-12pm*The park is filled with wonderful crafters and food trucks. Start your morning off with breakfast pizza and cronuts to keep you fueled for the fun filled day.
- The Art of Cool Donation Drive 311 Dowd St 10 AM – 12 PM *The Art of Cool Festival will be accepting non-perishable goods to support the festival.All donated items should be new and unopened. The list of items is here.
- DIY Fest at The Scrap Exchange -2050 Chapel Hill Rd- 11 AM – 5 PM *Play. Create. Celebrate! Saturday, April 16th with The Scrap Exchange at DIY Fest!Lots of indoor and outdoor activities, including maker stations, artist booths, live demos, live music and food trucks.
- SugarQube Records RecordStoreDay2k16 -School Kids Records -509 W. Main St. *Make sure to check out the #RecordStoreDay2k16 performance by Shirlette Ammons, find something funky to take home and enter raffles for Moogfest and The Art of Cool Festival tickets.
- Durham Co-Op Market One Year Anniversary Party! 1111 W Chapel Hill St-1 PM – 9 PM *The Durham Co-op Market is turning ONE! A day of food, music and fun. SUPER SALES all day long (including 20% off cases of wine), and tons of FREE samples from local vendors. Outside grilling Firsthand Foods burgers, veggie burgers, serving beer from Ponysaurus Brewing and Bull Durham Beer Co., all for $3 each!
- Party Illegal Presents: KT Caustic x Oak City Slums x LewisLace x Queen Plz -The Pinhook-117 W. Main St.-10 PM. *Charlotte staple KT Caustic joins Raleigh’s Oak City Slums, Party Illegal’s newest co-conspirator Lewis Lace by way of Myrtle Beach, and Durham’s own Queen Plz.
- The 2nd Zine Machine Fest – Durham Armory 220 Foster St. -11am-7pm *Durham Printed Matter Festival will fill The Durham Armory with indy book writers, alternative printed media, zinesters and comic artists for the day. Make sure to stop by and say hello to artist, Raj Bunnag while you are there!